Manager - Postmark Balham
Manager - Postmark Balham APPLY NOW
Are you an experienced retail Manager looking to work in a collaborative, positive workplace where you'll feel part of the community?
Then we have just the role for you! As manager of our original store in trendy Balham, you will play a key part in the ongoing success of our growing business.
You'll need to have a real passion for customer service and a great eye for detail to lead the team at this busy shop and look after all our lovely customers.
In return we offer a fun and collaborative working environment in a local community with a competitive salary (up to £30,000 depending on experience) as well as a generous staff discount.
The role will require lots of experience, energy and enthusiasm for our brand and values. A love for cards and stationery is definitely a plus.
Leading through example you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of your shop, ensuring that your team deliver the exceptional customer service we pride ourselves on.
Reporting to your Area Manager, your specific responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the smooth day-to-day running of your shop
- Motivating and managing your team
- Ensuring first class customer service is provided.
- Ordering stock and dealing with deliveries
- Stock control to ensure best sellers are always in stock, dealing with slow moving items, working with other stores to maximise stock distrubution.
- Ensuring the shop is always stocked correctly and merchandised to company standards
- Taking part in weekly managers meetings with managers from other Postmark stores.
- Producing weekly and monthly reports
- Recruiting and training all new team members
- Leading by example in terms of personal presentation, can-do attitude and levels of customer service.
- Responsible for the shop rota and ensuring the shop is fully staffed at all times
- Dealing with staff issues
- Responsible for banking and accurately cashing-up at the end of each day.
- That all shop procedures are adhered to.
Enthusiastic and capable with first rate organisational and customer service skills our ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of solid retail experience at a managerial or assistant manager level.
With a keen eye for detail and a proven ability to drive sales, lead a team and build working relationships you'll be a confident communicator with people at all levels throughout our small but growing business.
Calm and positive, you'll be able to motivate your team and yourself to provide the very best customer service and lead by example when it comes to commitment and work ethic.
A passion or interest in paper products and great design either professionally or personally would also be beneficial.